About Beaver, Arkansas

Golden Gate of the Ozarks Bridge and the train trestle

Beaver, Arkansas is located in Carroll County in Northwest Arkansas at 36°28'32" North, 93°46'16" West (36.475495, -93.771170) and an elevation of 923 feet.

According to the United States Census Bureau, the town of Beaver has a total area of .5 square miles, .3 square miles of this is land with the remaining .2 square miles being water.

The 2000 Census reported Beaver as having a population of 95 with 47 males comprising 49.5% of the population and 48 females filling the remaining 50.5%.

Our "Golden Gate of the Ozarks" swinging bridge is the last one in Arkansas open to vehicular traffic and is referred to as "the bridge to nostalgia". Our historic little bridge was featured in the 2005 movie, "Elizabethtown".

Near the southern end of the swimming area is a train trestle that was featured in the made-for-TV movie "The Blue and the Gray", starring Gregory Peck.

"The Narrows" located at the East end of the bridge and created in 1883, provided a window to travelers, both East and West, and brought spectators to the ball games of the Beaver Ball Club.

Even though we may be the best kept secret in Northwest Arkansas, we want you to visit, and although we don't leave a mint on your pillow, we will leave a light on for you.

Graphics of a Beaver